Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year from Uganda!

After a stop-over in Istanbul I arrived this morning at 2am at Entebbe Airport in Uganda only to find that my bag was lost - and the airport folks not having a clue where it is. Lovely start of the year. The plan was to continue directly by bus to Kigali in Rwanda (11 hours in a bus if all goes well) and from there to Congo (another 7 hours or so).

But I don't know Kampala (the capital of Uganda) very well, so let's enjoy this. After the necessary paperwork I passed by the bus company (Kampala Coach) and around 5am I got myself a cheap hotel and a bottle of water. After a few hours of sleep I am now enjoying the city! And as you can see having a really tough time writing this post (you can't see this but I also have my shoes and socks off):



FYI: I just heard from Entebbe Airport that my bag will arrive on Tuesday (Jan3). I now have the bag delivered to Rwanda (Neelan should arrive there January 4 so he can pick it up), and I take a bus leaving Kampala this evening at 10.30pm. 18 hours or so of bus-ing ahead, but almost in the Congo. And maybe even with a bag in due time!

From Uganda: A Happy New Year!

FYI: my number here: +256752893702.

No comments:

Post a Comment