Saturday, May 8, 2010

Flights, and upcoming months.

My flights for upcoming months are finally booked. It took some effort as it was an optimization problem with quite a few constraints: 1) I have to be in the DRC from July - January for fieldwork, 2) I had already booked a ticket Nairobi - Johannesburg because of the World Cup (here), 3) of course I want to see my parents, and 4) it should be as cheap as possible. Ready? Here we go:

May 25: New York -> Dublin -> Amsterdam;
June 15: Amsterdam -> Istanbul -> Nairobi;
June 18: Nairobi -> Johannesburg;
July 5: Johannesburg -> Nairobi;
January 12: Nairobi -> Istanbul -> Amsterdam;
January 26: Amsterdam -> Dublin -> New York.

So in June I stay several days in Kenya? Yep. Meeting a friend and getting to know Nairobi a bit. How do I get to the Congo? Normally one flies to Kigali, but the flights were really expensive (around $500). So, now I plan to take a bus to Kigali via Kampala (around $50). A great way to see a bit of Kenya and Uganda as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment