Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A quick note from...

Bukavu. Indeed, I did not end up in Lubumbashi today. After a 1.5 hour drive to Kavumu Airport, paying the $10 airport tax, having my passport and ordre du mission* checked (and hearing yet again how badly my passport looks), obtaining the usual amount of stamps, and after waiting an estimated two hours, we were told the flight was canceled. So, tomorrow I'll be trying again. No problem, enough work remains to be done in Bukavu as well.

I did make some nice pictures on the way back, though. In the back of this picture is Kavumu Airport. It is such a beautiful country.


Did he/she try to take a shortcut?



* This is a piece of paper saying a person's name, the organization he/she works for, where he/she is going to, from when to when, what mode of transportation, and - of course - this document includes some stamps and signatures. One has to get this document for each new "mission".

No comments:

Post a Comment